Maker's Mark Bios- CJ Cooper Jeppesen
At Portland Growler Company we partner with studios that care about nurturing their employees creative passions. Our ceramic production partner, Mudshark Studios exemplifies this sort of partnership. The creative endeavors, experience and contributions of each member of the team that produces our growlers can be seen in each and every growler they make. Take a look at the bottom of your growler to see the initials of that growler's maker; maker's marks are our way of helping you put a face with a name and show you what true handcrafted quality means to us. We recently visited with our team at Mudshark and we asked each artist the same 12 questions about life, beer, and art and we'll be introducing you to them here.
Meet Cooper Jeppesen. Cooper trims the growlers after they are removed from the plaster molds. You've got one of his growlers if you see a 'CJ' on the bottom.
Name: Cooper Jeppesen
Hometown: Boise, ID
- What’s Your Favorite Beer or Beverage to Fill Your Growler with?
- Why do you like working in clay? Wow! Why do I like working with clay? It gives me a creative outlet (in my personal studio). It’s pretty forgiving. You can screw up and do it over and over again.
- What brought you to Portland?
Education, like-minded people, and an awesome city.
- What are your goals as an artist/maker?
To create functional objects that will be used and cherished.
- If you could share a growler fill with anyone in the world (alive or dead) who would it be and why?